- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets, about 4 cups
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated rolled piecrusts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, add cauliflower, squash, parsnips, carrots and pepper. Toss with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Spread out on the baking pan in a single layer. Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
3. Meanwhile, place the broth in a medium-size saucepan and stir in the cornstarch. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 1 minute until thickened. Stir in the thyme, oregano and remaining salt and pepper. In a large bowl, gently toss roasted vegetables, bread crumbs and sauce.
4. Fit one of the piecrusts into a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cheese over the bottom. Spoon in vegetable mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cheese. Place the second piecrust on top and crimp crusts together. Pierce a few times with a paring knife to vent. Brush lightly with the egg-water mixture.
5. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 425 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 360, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 46, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 5, vit. A (IU): 9184, vit. C (mg): 59, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 89, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 534, Potassium (mg): 580, calcium (mg): 81, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.