A flavorful collection of roasted vegetables, including butternut squash, parsnips, red pepper, and red onion, are baked over slices of polenta for a tasty side-dish casserole that's fit for the holidays.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Toss squash, parsnips, red pepper and onion with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place vegetables in a large roasting pan and roast at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes, stirring twice.
3. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Slice polenta into 12 slices, each about 1/2-inch thick. Fit slices into the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Spoon vegetables over polenta slices. Drizzle with half-and-half and sprinkle with cheese. Scatter thyme over top.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.