Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 26 mins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, peeled and chopped
- 8 baby carrots or 1 large carrot, peeled if needed, chopped
- 1 rib celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, carrot(s) and celery and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add quinoa to saucepan and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour in broth plus 1/4 cup water. Stir in thyme and salt.
3. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 140, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.