Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 firm green or underripe tomatoes (1-1/2 pounds)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Beat egg and milk in bowl. Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, paprika, cayenne and black pepper on waxed paper.
2. Core tomatoes; cut thin slice from top and bottom of tomatoes. Cut each tomato crosswise into 4 slices. Dip tomato slices first in egg, then in cornmeal mixture to coat.
3. Heat 1/4 inch oil in large nonstick skillet until hot. In batches, brown tomatoes on both sides, turning once, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove with slotted spatula to paper toweling to drain. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 202, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 15, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 375, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.