Yield: 12, 4-inch waffles
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup milk (rice milk works well)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Sift first 7 ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ingredients.
4. Whisk the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour about 1/2 cup of the pumpkin batter into a waffle iron that has been buttered or greased and cook according to manufacturers directions.
6. Serve with maple syrup or make into sandwiches filling with cream cheese and whatever other fillings you desire.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 258, Fat, total (g): 9, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 470, calcium (mg): 326, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.