Yield: 12 to 14 3-inch pancakes Prep 15 mins Cook 3 mins per batch
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add egg, buttermilk, pumpkin, and melted butter; whisk to combine.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon unsalted butter; swirl pan to coat. Spoon heaping tablespoons of batter 2 inches apart into skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges; turn. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute more. If pancakes brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium.
3. Repeat with remaining batter and unsalted butter. Serve warm with syrup and raspberries.
Tip Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pancakes:
- Prepare as above, except whisk together 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix, 2/3 cup lowfat milk, and 1/3 cup canned pumpkin. Makes 8 3-inch pancakes.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 76, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 11, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 2, vit. A (IU): 1118, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 24, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 111, Potassium (mg): 62, calcium (mg): 61, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.