Servings: 16 Yield: 16 pancakes Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds all-purpose or baking potatoes, peeled and shredded (3 cups)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsweetened applesauce (optional)
1. Combine the potatoes, onion, egg, chives, flour, salt and pepper in large bowl.
2. Heat half the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the potato mixture in 8 heaping tablespoons to skillet, squeezing out excess liquid from potatoes as you work; flatten each to make 3-inch-round pancake. Cook until golden brown, 3 minutes. Brown other side. Remove to paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain; keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and potato mixture. Serve pancakes with applesauce if desired. Makes 16 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 69, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 10, pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 106, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.