Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 24 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-size carrot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot, onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute. Add salt, broth and water. Bring to boiling. Cover; reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. Remove from heat. With fork, gently stir in parsley and butter. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 280, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 12, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 478, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.