Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 6.8 ounce package Spanish Rice flavor Rice-A-Roni
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 15 1/4 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 12 ounce package cooked chicken sausage, sliced
- 1/2 pound peeled cooked shrimp
- Chopped cilantro, optional
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add rice mixture (reserving flavor pack for Step 2), and brown according to package directions.
2. Increase heat to high; stir in water, tomatoes, salsa, and contents of flavor pouch. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Stir corn and sausage into rice, layer shrimp on top, and cook 5 minutes more, until liquid is absorbed. Top with cilantro, if using.
- For variety, try using low-fat turkey kielbasa instead of sausage, or add some chunks of cooked chicken breast.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 496, Fat, total (g): 15, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 40, calcium (mg): 117, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.