Yield: 32 tomato slices Prep 10 mins Bake 225°F 2 hrs 30 mins
- 8 plum tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar OR: red-wine vinegar
1. Heat oven to 225 degrees F. Slice each tomato lengthwise into 4 equal slices. Spread in single layer on rimmed sheet pans. Sprinkle with sugar and vinegar.
2. Bake in 225 degree oven 2-1/2 hours, until dried but still pulpy, turning slices over after first hour.
3. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for one week or freeze for longer storage. Makes 32 tomato slices.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 4, Fat, total (g): , chol. (mg): 1, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 1, fiber (g): , pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.