Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 18 mins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese-style prepared hot mustard or other hot mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 3 ribs celery, peeled and cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 medium yellow squash (8 ounces), quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini (8 ounces each), quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cooked couscous (optional)
1. Whisk together orange juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, hot mustard and red-pepper flakes in small bowl.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add chicken thighs; cook 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with slotted spoon to plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add celery to skillet; cook 1 minute. Add squash, zucchini and water; cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes.
4. Add the chicken strips and the cut up sweet red pepper to the skillet; cook for 2 minutes. Add the orange sauce from the bowl, stirring to combine; cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, about another 2 minutes.
5. Serve with the hot cooked couscous, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 248, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 77, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 18, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 1006, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.