Servings: 16 Prep 15 mins Bake 375°F 1 hr Stand 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 pounds red new potatoes, well scrubbed and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
2. Arrange potatoes slices, overlapping, in alternating layers in prepared baking dish; there should be about 3 layers of each.
3. Combine cream, milk, garlic, salt and red pepper in small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Carefully pour over potatoes.
4. Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Gently press down top of potatoes with spatula or large wood spoon. Spoon cream mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle top with cheese. Bake another 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is nicely browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 194, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 49, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 376, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.