Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 zucchini, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 sweet red pepper, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup frozen baby onions, thawed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- Cooked noodles (optional)
1. Mix beef, milk, seasoning, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and garlic powder in bowl. Using tablespoon, shape 1-1/4-inch meatballs, about 20.
2. In 2 batches, brown meatballs in oil in large deep skillet for 4 minutes. Remove to paper-towel-lined plate.
3. Add eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onions, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to skillet; cook 3 minutes.
4. Add meatballs and tomatoes to skillet. Cover; simmer 18 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with noodles, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 331, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 83, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 857, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.