Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Marinate 30 mins Cook 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled grated gingerroot (see Note) or fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon peanut or olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Oriental-style vegetables
- Green onions, chopped (optional)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, and gingerroot until combined. Add shrimp, cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add vegetables and cook 2 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon and add to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until partially cooked.
3. Stir together marinade, broth, and cornstarch. Add to skillet and heat to boiling. Cook 1 minute, or until sauce thickens and shrimp is cooked through. Serve over rice and sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
- Bottles of grated gingerroot can be found in the refrigerated section at supermarkets, gourmet shops, and specialty stores, or by mail from Garlic World, at 800-537-6122.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 242, Fat, total (g): 6, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 32, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.