Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add sweet potatoes and boil 12 minutes, until tender. Drain and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Cook for 1 minute; stir until sauce is smooth.
3. Add butter mixture to pot and mash to desired consistency. Transfer sweet potatoes to a serving dish. Sprinkle top evenly with chopped pecans.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 295, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 51, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 195, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.