Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 28 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 3/4 pound small red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium cauliflower, about 2 pounds, core removed, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 2/3 cup brown basmati rice, cooked following package instructions
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large, lidded nonstick 8-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes, until nicely browned.
2. Stir in garam masala and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes with their juice, and potatoes; simmer, covered, on medium heat 7 minutes. Stir in cauliflower, raisins, salt and chickpeas; simmer, covered, 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
3. Gradually stir in spinach until wilted. Serve over rice and top with nuts. Squeeze lemon over each serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 476, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 81, fiber (g): 16, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 704, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.