Yield: 8 sandwiches Prep 15 mins
- 1/2 small sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1/2 small sweet yellow pepper, cored, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into small dice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1 cucumber, trimmed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size head Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
1. Mix together the green, yellow and red diced sweet peppers, the chives, softened cream cheese, salt and black pepper with a wooden spoon in a small bowl until the cream cheese is well blended with all the other ingredients.
2. Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on each of 8 slices of bread. Top each with a few slices of cucumber and a leaf or two of lettuce. Top with another slice of bread. Cut in half. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 285, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 36, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 521, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.