1. Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Coarsely grate potatoes and onion with large holes on a hand grater or food processor. If using a food processor, pulse with on-and-off motions to prevent the mixture from becoming mushy.
3. Place grated potato in colander; squeeze with your hands to remove any excess liquid.
4. Transfer potato mixture to large bowl. Stir in flour, eggs, garlic salt and pepper.
5. Heat oil (about 1/2 inch deep) in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until drop of potato mixture sizzles in oil. Using 1/3 cup for each latke, spoon the potato mixture into the hot oil.
6. Gently flatten the latkes in the skillet with a spatula and fry until golden brown and crisp on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
7. Drain latkes on paper toweling. Transfer to a plate and keep warm in the oven. Continue to cook the latkes in batches, adding oil as needed. Serve warm with sour cream and Chunky Applesauce.
1. Wash and core apples; coarsely chop. In large saucepan, cover apples with water; add sugar and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 20 minutes or until soft. Mash with potato masher or fork for coarse texture.