Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 5 mins Grill 12 mins per batch
- 8 plum tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cored and halved
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 sweet red peppers, cored, seeded and quartered
- 2 yellow peppers, cored, seeded and quartered
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 pound large mushrooms, stemmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 24 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
1. Heat a gas grill to medium-high or prepare a charcoal grill with medium-hot coals.
2. Place tomatoes, zucchini, red and yellow peppers, asparagus and mushrooms in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
3. Grill (in batches if necessary) for about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, place remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, roasted red peppers, onion, vinegar, Italian seasoning and marinara sauce in a blender. Puree until smooth, then pour into a small saucepan. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Serve vegetables with red pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 408, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 121, sat. fat (g): 13, carb. (g): 18, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 1140, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.