Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 7 mins Grill 4 mins
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 2 pounds asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, woody ends removed
- 1 large leek, rinsed and sliced
- 2 red sweet peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning (such as McCormick), plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup orzo, cooked
1. In a large 8-quart pot, bring broth to a simmer; add garlic and simmer for 1 minute. Add snap peas, asparagus and leek. Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Stir in red pepper, thyme, 1 teaspoon of the garlic-pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, covered, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
2. Heat a large nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of scallops with olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill 2 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
3. Serve scallops with orzo and vegetables. Spoon some of the cooking liquid over the orzo, if desired. Sprinkle each serving with additional garlic-pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 497, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 168, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 61, fiber (g): 13, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 723, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.