Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 11 mins
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
Make It Vinaigrette:
1. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously until dressing is emulsified. Add chives; set aside. Green Beans:
2. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add beans; simmer 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place in serving bowl. Toss with vinaigrette dressing.
3. Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, cranberries and garlic. Cook about 6 minutes or until softened. Pour over beans and toss. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 198, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 9, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 14, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 333, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.