1. Place tomato slices on paper towels; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Place more paper towels on top. Let stand 30 minutes. Pat top of tomatoes to remove as much liquid as possible.
2. Coat both sides of eggplant with nonstick cooking spray. Heat broiler.
3. Broil eggplant slices on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray for 5 minutes on each side or until tender.
4. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the bottom. Arrange eggplant and tomato slices, alternating, around baking dish and down center in a single layer if possible.
5. Sprinkle casserole with oregano, basil, garlic and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with half-and-half. Top with both kinds of cheese. Cover with foil.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes or until cheese is golden. Cool 10 minutes, then serve.