Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 50 mins
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon (about 4 slices)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) creamed corn
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Maple Syrup
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 8-inch square glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium-size skillet, cook bacon until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble.
3. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in crumbled bacon, scallions, whole corn kernels and creamed corn. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle cheese over top.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 343, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 179, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 611, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.