Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Cook 5 mins
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 ounces) frozen shelled edamame (see Note below)
- 1 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup medium-hot prepared salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. In medium-size saucepan, stir together the edamame, corn, vegetable broth, salsa and salt. Cook over medium-high heat until heated through, about 5 minutes.
2. Add cilantro just before serving.
- Edamame is the Japanese name for fresh soybeans. Edamame are also available frozen, which is how they are used in this recipe. Theyre available in health food stores, Asian markets and the frozen food section of some supermarkets.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 136, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 444, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.