Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 3 medium-size carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry couscous (optional)
1. In slow-cooker bowl, stir together carrots, cauliflower, chickpeas, peas, onion, garlic, curry powder, coriander and red pepper flakes. Pour vegetable broth and coconut milk over top.
2. Cover slow-cooker bowl and cook for 3 hours on HIGH or for 6 hours on LOW. Remove 2 cups chickpea mixture to a small bowl and mash with a potato masher; stir in basil and salt and return mashed chickpea mixture to slow cooker bowl. Stir until well combined and heated through.
3. If using couscous, prepare according to package directions, about 5 minutes; serve with chickpea curry.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 360, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 58, fiber (g): 13, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 782, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.