Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground hot red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch flowerets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in large shallow saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; saute until golden and softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Stir in curry powder, turmeric, cardamom, cloves and red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
3. Add coconut milk, cauliflower and salt; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is very tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in the cilantro. Adjust salt if necessary.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 237, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 15, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 313, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.