Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 sweet peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup white rice, cooked following package directions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet.
2. Season the scallops with 1 tablespoon of the Creole seasoning. Saute for 3 minutes per side. Remove and reserve.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon oil to same skillet. Add peppers, onion, celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add remaining tablespoon Creole seasoning, the stewed tomatoes and tomato paste. Break up tomatoes with spoon. Simmer, covered, 4 minutes.
5. Return scallops and any accumulated juices to skillet. Stir in lemon juice and heat through. Serve with the cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 474, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 56, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 63, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 1226, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.