Makes: 4 servings at 71o each. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook: about 12 minutes.
1. Bring 6 cups water to boiling in large saucepan. Cut broccoli stems crosswise into coins; cut head into flowerets. Add broccoli flowerets, broccoli stem coins and 1 teaspoon salt to saucepan. Return to boiling; cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander.
2. Process broccoli in food processor until somewhat smooth, scraping down sides of work bowl as necessary. Add sour cream and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; puree until smooth.
3. Spoon broccoli mixture into microwave dish. Stir in cheese.
4. Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add pecans; toast until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Microwave broccoli mixture on high until heated throughout, about 1 minute.
6. Pour pecans with butter over broccoli. Serve hot.