Yield: 12 tostadas Prep 20 mins Bake 425°F 13 mins to 15 mins
- 12 corn tortillas (9-ounce package)
- Salt, for tortillas
- 3 cooked corn, shucked and kernels cut from the cob (about 2-1/3 cups kernels)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound cooked shelled shrimp, chopped
- 2 small jalapeno chiles, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (about 1/4 cup loosely packed leaves)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup olive oil
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place tortillas in single layer on 2 baking sheets. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Flip tortillas over; coat with spray.
2. Bake in 425 degrees F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned, flipping tortillas once. Transfer to wire rack. Sprinkle each with pinch of salt. Let cool completely.
3. Mix corn kernels, beans, chopped shrimp, jalapeno and red onion in large bowl. Halve avocado; remove pit. Scoop out flesh; cut into bite-size pieces. Gently stir into corn mixture.
4. Whisk together lime juice, cilantro, sugar, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper and hot-pepper sauce. Whisk in oil in thin stream until thick and well blended. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired. Pour into corn mixture; stir gently to avoid smashing avocado.
5. Divide corn mixture onto baked tostadas, about 1/2 cup per tostada. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 255, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 38, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 343, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.