Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1/2 cup fine-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 4 ears shucked fresh corn, kernels cut from cob
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, for frying
1. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper in large bowl. Make well in center; add yolk, corn kernels, melted butter, nutmeg if using, and buttermilk. Stir wet ingredients into dry to moisten.
2. Heat about 1/4 cup vegetable oil in large heavy skillet. Spoon dollops of dough into skillet; press with spatula to flatten. Fry until golden brown on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes each side, using remaining oil as needed. Remove to paper toweling to drain. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 261, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 35, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 23, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 460, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.