Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 7 mins to 8 mins Bake 350°F 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cranberry Corn Bread, cut into large dice (recipe on www.familycircle.com)
- Grated rind of 1 large orange (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) chicken broth
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Heat butter in deep skillet. Add onion and celery; saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add thyme, sage, rosemary, red-pepper flakes, salt and black pepper; saute 1 minute.
3. Add half the corn bread, the orange rind and parsley; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
4. Add orange juice and broth. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat. Stir in the remaining bread. Spoon into 8 x 8 x 2-inch square glass baking dish. (Can be made ahead to this point early in the afternoon. Refrigerate, covered.)
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 30 minutes. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 200, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 38, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 562, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.