Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins
- 6 salmon steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 3 slices onion
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops hot red-pepper sauce
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
1. Choose large skillet or Dutch oven with cover that will just hold salmon. Place onion slices in bottom of skillet. Arrange salmon steaks on top. Add wine, orange juice and thyme.
2. Place over medium-low heat; cover and bring to bare simmer. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until firm to touch and cooked through. Remove from heat; cool salmon in cooking liquid. Store refrigerated for up to 2 days. Prepare avocado-Cilantro cream:
3. Combine avocado, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, salt and red-pepper sauce in blender or food processor. Whirl until smooth.
4. Arrange salmon on plates. Dollop sauce on top. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges if you wish.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 309, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 111, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 3, pro. (g): 44, sodium (mg): 248, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.