Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
1. Saute coconut, onion and celery in butter in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add rice; toss to coat. Add vegetable broth, salt and pepper; stir to separate grains of rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer 40 minutes or until rice is tender and all liquid has been absorbed. Do not stir.
2. Pour sesame oil and water chestnuts over top. Remove from heat; cover with lid. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 243, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 558, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.