Yield: 2 quarts Prep 20 mins Cook 40 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 3 canned flat anchovies, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 8 minutes or until almost tender. Add green pepper, zucchini, mushrooms and anchovies; saute 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
2. Stir in chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley, vinegar, salt and pepper.
3. Spoon sauce into 2 sterilized 1-quart canning jars; seal. Cool slightly on wire racks. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 55, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 1, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 598, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.