Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 30 mins
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, with skins, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped (1 tablespoon chopped)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle
1. In large saucepan, combine potatoes, 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; gently boil for about 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
2. In small saucepan, combine milk, butter, cinnamon and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Set aside.
3. Drain potatoes. Return potatoes to saucepan. Place over medium heat; toss about 1 minute to dry out. Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir to combine. Add milk mixture, chipotle and adobo sauce. Mash.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 216, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 28, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 878, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.