Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4-1/2 hours, plus 30 minutes
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tube (18 ounces) prepared polenta, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 14)
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 4 cups chopped radicchio
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. In a large bowl, stir together the beans, 2 tablespoons of the pesto, onion, green pepper and Italian seasoning. Place half of bean mixture in bottom of slow cooker. Layer half of polenta slices over top, pour 1/4 cup chicken broth over polenta then sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Repeat layering one more time. Cover and cook for 2 hours on HIGH or 4-1/2 hours on LOW.
2. Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons pesto and remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth. Pour pesto mixture into slow cooker, add radicchio and gently stir to combine. Place tomato slices on top and continue cooking for another 30 minutes on HIGH or LOW. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 245, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 18, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 686, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.