Yield: 3 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 5 mins
- 1 large Vidalia onion, trimmed and grated (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (see Note)
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Chopped scallion, for garnish (optional)
- Assorted crackers, for serving
1. In a medium-size cast-iron or oven-safe skillet, combine onions, cheeses, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Cook over grill heated to medium heat, stirring until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Garnish with scallions, if desired and serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 130, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 34, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 2, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 203, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.