Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins Bake 375°F 20 mins
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 fresh poblano chile, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 fillets (1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Sauce:
2. Combine half-and-half, poblano, red pepper, onion, garlic and tarragon in medium-size pot. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Pour into blender; add flour and salt. Puree; return to pot. Keep warm. Fish:
3. Rub baking pan large enough to hold fish fillets in single layer with butter. Add wine. Place fish in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 20 minutes or until fish is easily flaked with a fork. Place cooked fish on a bed of cooked yellow rice if you wish. Spoon sauce over top.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 282, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 83, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 350, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.