Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 box (10 ounces) couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
1. Cook cumin, ginger, cloves and cayenne in large pot over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes, until onion is softened.
2. Add red pepper, zucchini; cook 5 minutes. Add dates, salt, orange rind and chickpeas, stirring to combine. Add 2 cups water and orange juice. Increase heat to high. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; stir in mint. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 267, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 48, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 483, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.