Yield: 6 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 5 hrs 30 mins (low) or 3 1/2 hours (high)
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped oil-cured black olives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
1. Combine tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, onion, celery, parsley, vinegar, sugar, raisins, tomato paste, salt and pepper in slow-cooker.
2. Cook, covered, on low heat 5-1/2 hours, or on high, 3-1/2 hours, until vegetables are tender. Do not remove cover during cooking. Stir in olives and capers. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 88, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 21, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 474, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.