Servings: 12 Prep 5 mins Bake 400°F 50 mins to 55 mins Cook 18 mins
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup blended citrus juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Place oven rack in top third of oven. Heat to 400 degrees F. Place potatoes in shallow baking pan. Bake in top third of oven until tender, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool; peel.
2. Toast pecans in small skillet until slightly browned, 6 minutes.
3. Slice potatoes 3/4 inch thick. Melt butter in skillet. Add sugar; increase heat, stirring, until foamy, 3 minutes. Add rind, juice, nutmeg and salt; cook to thicken, 4 minutes. Add potatoes; toss until glazed, 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Top with pecans. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 203, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 2, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 31, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.