Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 15 mins
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, with skins, cut into eighths (1-1/2- to 2-inch chunks)
- 1 tablespoon salt plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
1. Place potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water. Add the 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat half-and-half and butter in small saucepan until butter is melted. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon salt, the red pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
3. Drain potatoes. Return to dry pot; cook over low heat for 1 minute to dry out. Remove pot from heat. Add half-and-half mixture. Mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in the parsley and serve. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 316, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 36, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 953, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.