Servings: 8 Prep 5 mins Bake 350°F 20 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place Brussels sprouts in saucepan with enough water to cover. Add juice. Simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk; cook, whisking, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne.
4. Transfer Brussels sprouts to 1-quart casserole. Pour sauce over top.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 91, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 21, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 11, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 245, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.