Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 13 mins to 16 mins
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 head broccoli (about 1-1/2 pounds), trimmed into flowerets
- 1 bag (10 ounces) matchstick carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In large skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove pine nuts to small bowl.
2. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; saute 1 minute or until garlic just starts to color. Add broccoli, carrots, salt and Italian seasoning. Increase heat to medium-high; saute for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked but still slightly crisp. If vegetables start to stick, add a few tablespoons water.
3. To serve, place cooked vegetables in serving bowl; toss with lemon juice, pepper and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 151, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 181, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.