Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 13 mins
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large bunch bok choy, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Cooked white rice, optional
1. In a bowl, blend broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and salt; stir-fry 4 minutes until shrimp is cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add remaining oil and stir-fry bok choy for 5 minutes. Add red pepper and scallion and cook an additional 3 minutes.
4. Add broth mixture and bring to a simmer. Add shrimp; cook for 1 minute until heated through. Stir in cilantro and serve with rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 242, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 259, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 1227, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.