Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 large red sweet pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, trimmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces dark beer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced scallions, chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion, jalapenos and garlic. Cook 5 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add tomatoes, cannellini beans, black beans, beer and salt. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Serve chili topped with cheese, scallions and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 307, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 720, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.