Servings: 7 Prep 10 mins Cook 36 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium-size onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 to 2 minutes or until onions are softened.
2. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper; stir to mix well. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir in the fresh basil during last 5 minutes of cooking. Cool; refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 7; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 66, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 484, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.