Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 9 mins Broil 1 min
- 1 pound asparagus, stemmed and peeled 1 inch from bottom
- 6 slices prosciutto OR thin-sliced deli ham
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1. Cook asparagus in pot of simmering water until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain.
2. Divide asparagus into 6 equal bundles. Wrap each bundle with slice of prosciutto; place in shallow flame-proof dish.
3. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add bread crumbs; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour mixture over each bundle. Top with Gruyere cheese.
4. Heat broiler. Run bundles under broiler until cheese lightly browns, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 228, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 21, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 392, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.