Beautiful and tasty, this garden fresh frittata is the perfect anytime dish. Serve this recipe for breakfast, lunch, or as a light supper.
1. Heat broiler. In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, Parmesan, mustard, dill, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet with an ovenproof handle over medium heat. Add spinach and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until wilted. Remove to a strainer set over a bowl; wipe out skillet. Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and add scallions; cook 3 minutes, stirring until softened.
3. Add asparagus to pan. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Press down on spinach to remove any excess liquid. Stir spinach into pan.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables in skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until bottom is set.
6. Place under broiler and broil 2 minutes or until top is almost set. Carefully remove from broiler (handle will be hot) and sprinkle top evenly with fontina cheese. Broil 2 minutes longer or until top is set and cheese is melted.