1. Break off the bottom ends of the asparagus by snapping with hands; discard. Cut off the top 2 inches of the tip. Thinly slice the remaining asparagus stalks.
2. Heat butter in medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced asparagus, garlic and diced sweet red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook asparagus tips in small saucepan of simmering salted water for 4 minutes. Add the sweet red pepper julienne strips; cook for 2 minutes more. Drain; run under cool water to stop cooking.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Lightly beat together eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl.
6. Spread half of cheese over bottom of piecrust. Top with asparagus-diced-red-pepper mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Carefully pour in egg mixture. Decorate top with asparagus tips and red pepper julienne.
7. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 45 minutes or until quiche is set in the center.